New book posts:
- Review: Radio silence
- Review: The rest of us just live here
- Two sentences reviews: poetry
- Top ten tuesday: Hidden gems of books
- Top ten tuesday: Autumn TBR 2018
- Quote of the week #12
- Quote of the week #13
Other books I’ve been reading:
Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: it’s so good advice on how to raise a girl, short review for this short book coming soon. How do you like the two/three sentence reviews format?
Betrayed by Amalie Skram
At the edge of the universe by Shaun David Hutchinson (currently reading, well listening to the audiobook)
The golden compass by Philip Pullman (currently rereading)
Added to my TBR:
The wicked deep by Shea Ernshaw: seemingly good book for autumn mood with witches
The hearts we sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones: more paranormal ya, with demons
What if it’s us by Becky Albertalli: lgbt story by author of “simon vs the homo sapiens agenda”
The poet x by Elizabeth Acevedo: girl finding her voice through slam poetry, extremely high average rating
Getting things done by David Allen: this productivity book was discussed/recommended on the podcast “do by friday” and i guess i need it
The checklist manifesto by Atul Gawande: this productivity book was discussed/recommended on the podcast “do by friday” and i guess i need it
When women ruled the world by Kara Cooney: talking about podcast, i also listened to Kara Cooney of the Egyptology episode of one of my fav podcast Ologies by Alie Ward. I was one of those kids who fell in love reading about Ancient Egypt, and Kara’s knowledge didn’t disappoint.
The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid: Merline included it as one of her top 5 summer reads and I was intrigued.
Recently bought these books:
I don’t think I did?! Congrats to me as I’m trying to save money.
Update: forgot I bought “An absolutely remarkable thing” by Hank Green! It’s not supposed to be released before next week, but I quickly checked my local bookstore to be sure, and there the was the paperback!!
Three things on my mind:
- I need to drink more coffee. I’m a tea lover, who drank espresso friday, because I was seriously about to fall asleep in a cafe. There’s one place in the small city that has good latte, otherwise espresso is effective. It was a fun day, with (for once) a chill school project with friends and another friend’s bday party. Now our whole friend group can go to clubs, which is great.
- I think balance is the key to most things in your daily life. But choices to gain that balance is so difficult, when they have to be made quickly it’s nearly better, so you can’t waste time. I’m just struggling with this, I guess, as someone who’s got a lot of tests the next week, on antibiotics for a lung infection and wanting to have fun with friends as well.
- I’ve barely read anything this week and won’t be able to next week, so that’s always a good sign I’m going a bit mental and don’t have time to relax.