Thanks to Lori at The Inky Saga for nominating me, give her some love!
What Is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I love summer, it makes everything better, I also love the ocean (probably obvious because of my weird url) and I live in a place where you can’t go in the ocean without freezing to death during all parts of the year, but in the summer there’s at least not ice on top of it which is a plus.
- These lists of facts makes me really uncomfortable, honestly. I much prefer questions.
- I can’t remember my neighbour-cat’s name, and it’s been told to me so many times through the years. I think she knows. But also she loves to stand outside my window when she’s bored, staring at me for up to ten minutes until I come out and pet her. She might be the only creature more happy than me to see the sun return to our village.
Do you share your blog with people you know in your real life?
Hell no. The moment someone finds out about this, I’m out.
What are your ultimate blog goals?
Discussing books with people, honestly, because I love my real life friends, but none of them are readers. I’ve got like one reader friend and she’s rereading The Hobbit who knows how many times, no matter what other fantasy I try to throw at her. (Also free books are lovely)
Do you see yourself blogging when you’re 50?
Hah, no don’t think so. Do I see myself turning 50? Not at this pace. I’m 20 and haven’t had the best luck yet.
Who is your role model, fictional or otherwise?
I have a problem with finding role models, I can’t even do it for one essay. I look up to a lot of smart women in the past who has gone against every norm and done science without support until they achieved results.
Malala Yousafzai is one I look up to in many ways. The same for Mary Oliver, who just died. I realize that everyone are people with flaws, and I really like to pay attention to qualities or achievements of people that I would aspire to have instead.
What are some books do you think are underrated?
Most of them.
A time to dance by Padma Venkatraman was so much more than I expected and a very lovely, beautiful and inspiring story of a girl who has her leg amputated refinding what passion is and what spirituality and courage is, in trying to get back to dancing her traditional indian dance.
The library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins for starting as any fantasy story and turning into this really surreal, creepy one. Also questions of god, but in a completely different way. It got like Haruki Murakami surrealism, but with horror and supernatural elements.
BRANCHES by Rhiannon McGavin is a really lovely poetry collection that is being republished sometime this year, and I loved it and hope to write a review soon. I can recommend some of the poems that has been performed and are on youtube like Angel Coda which is about growing up in LA. I enjoy her youtube channel so much as well, have been watching it since I was like 15.
Bonus: You find out the world ends tomorrow; what do you do?
Try to stop it? If I’m not near the hero of a novel – there’s not much to do, is there? I would honestly go on with my life, a week would maybe give me enough time to like travel to somewhere I want with my family. I really like routine and if I didn’t have it the day before the world ends, I would just break down the entire time. Now, a zombie apocalypse on the other hand –
- Which book would you recommend people to read immediately?
- What’s the song you listened to most recently?
- Fav character trope?
- What’s a hobby of yours outside of reading?
- Recommend me some book blogs you follow!
I Nominate …
Elena at Hidden Gems – Dora at Swift Coffee – Chaz at Life of Chaz – Brooke at Stacks and Snacks – Bree at In Love and Words – Leslie at Books are the New Black – Luana at Inkstained Forest – Shannon at The Spellbound Librarian – Andy at Andy Winder – Siobhan at Siobhan’s Novelties
No pressure, but it would be fun to see your answers!