New book posts:
- Review: The wicked deep by Shea Ernshaw 3/5 stars
- Review: The truth about keeping secrets by Savannah Brown 4/5 stars
- Tags: Mystery blogger award
- Tags: The wanderlust tag
- How is my 2019 TBR going? Spring update
- Exciting Spring Book Releases
- Top ten tuesday: What makes me pick up a book?
Other books I’ve been reading:
Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry (currently reading)
Added to TBR:
Especially looking forward to The picture of Dorian Gray by Osar Wilde and Fight club by Chuck Palahniuk. Both classics and I really want to read more books with unreliable and/or morally bad narrators
Posts by other blogs I really liked
I’ve been so busy, and I’m going to continue to be for quite some time. So don’t be surprised when I comment on like two week old posts as I go through the backlog, oops.
A couple things on my mind
- I have some mixed feelings about “quicksand”, the new swedish netflix series, but the story is told in such a great way. After the first episode I had quite a distasteful feeling. Why make it about a school shooter, and a confused girl at that? But the energy quickly changed in the second episode, as it’s obvious there’s more to the story, and from there on it was just such a great psychological nightmare. There’s just no moral high-ground among most of the characters decisions. The best scenes are from the prison cell the main character is in, where it shows how both monotone and chaotic isolation can be. TW: sexual assault, abuse, violence in general
- Spring is here, people are energetic and hectic. Along with that I’ve really connected with all the things that make me an introvert these last two weeks. I’ve barely spent time at my house, with too many sleepovers in the city (I commute an hour for school and don’t go home if I’m to do anything social afterwards). I really love nature and one afternoon I was repacking my bags (again), and I just wanted so badly to skip that last formal party/dinner. I wanted to go down along the river to the ocean and sit there, and go back and curl into a blanket reading when it got too cold. I need to remember that while I love people, this is my preference most of the time and when I don’t get any ounce of alone time for too long it really tears at my patience and energy. It’s something I seem to forget over and over. Still, I was glad I went to the dinner/party? I don’t know who I am, is the conclusion from that.
- I wanted to bring my blog over to Twitter, but I didn’t know if I should create an own account? I have one that is barely used that seems like a good option to just rename or rebrand, but I’m unsure.
- What the fuck happened to Julian Assange today? This is going to be quite a thing
- The photo of the black hole made me laugh, but I appreciate it