These last two weeks have gone both too quickly and too slowly. Which means I was feeling really bad, so I have not done much, but also stressing over how little is being done. So I’m kind of in a reading slump, but one caused by having too much else to do. Thankfully I’d scheduled some posts –
New book posts:
- Review: Women in science – new fav book!
- Review: The wicked saints
- Kids and teens should read more than YA books
- Tag: the liebster award
Other books I’ve been reading:
- The truth about keeping secrets by Savannah Brown (currently reading, unfortunately not loving it yet)
Added to TBR:
- Utopia for realists by Bregman Rutger – added after he was on Trevor Noah’s The daily show and I really wanted to read more of some out-there new ideas
- Salt, fat, acid, heat by Samin Nosrat was one of Rhiannon McGavin’s fav books of 2018 and I really love cookbooks done in a different way, so hopefully I’ll pick this up when I have time to try some recipes
- The raven’s tale by Cat Winter
- The cold in her bones by Peternelle van Arsdale
- A lot of polar fantasy books, because I didn’t know that was a thing before this week
Posts I recommend by other blogs:
Art Journal by Ink Stained Forest is such lovely watercolor paintings! The hobbit door is especially mind-blowing. I recently got the Winsor & Newton pocket box watercolors she has, dreaming about being able to paint while travelling, but I haven’t gotten a chance yet. This is really inspiring and lovely
10 Book retellings by Jenacidebybibliophile. A great list of book retellings which I’d never heard of before, including some new releases. Who doesn’t need a Medusa retelling.
Books with the best writing by Ally Writes Things. I really need to read more of the books on this list, because I agree with several of these authors and love the attention to language they all have
The Dysasters by P. C. and Kristin Cast by Books, bones & buffy is a great review about a book I probably won’t read, but I was really interested to see what those authors were up to nowadays
An introduction to the Inky Saga by Inky Saga, after her rebranding from Betwined Reads!
Reading the lowest rated books on my TBR by Laniakea Books. It’s such a great way to shorten the TBR and I want to try it out soon.
Three things on my mind:
Let’s make these three things youtube videos again, because the only thing on my mind right now is having to learn all of my physics syllabus in five days, before a five hour test that decides whether I get in at uni. Ahhh.
I like Troye, but wasn’t a big fan of “I’m so tired”. Before THIS VERSION, it’s perfect.
John Green’s “Looking for Alaska” is being made into a movie, and here’s the first look at the Miles and Alaska, during a visit to the campus where John wrote the book.
My ABSOLUTELY FAV DANCER Koharu Sugawara was back at Urban Dance Camp and they released this dance video, she and Yuki Shibuya always seem to have so much fun. Watching Koharu’s dances always brings a smile to my face.