New book posts:
- Review: I was born for this by Alice Oseman
- Review: The power of habit by Charles Duhigg
- Quote of the Week #14: Kafka on the shore
- Quote of the Week #15: hp and the cursed child
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books by favourite author I still haven’t read
- Book series I want to finish part 2
- Should I read this book? Unhaul
Three things on my mind:
- I’m starting to repeat myself, but I’ve not read a lot of books these past week or month. Why? I can’t. I literally cannot sit down with a book and understand what’s going on. I can barely follow tv series, or podcasts, or comedy specials – even though I try to have them on in the background as to not sit here in complete silence for the past week. #chronicillness problems I guess. In short I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve definitely been considering going to the hospital certain really bad days this past week.
- everyone’s a aliebn when ur a aliebn too by jomny sun has been a miracle when I literally cannot read and I am in pain and need distraction. It reads a bit like a children’s book, only it’s a graphic novel of sorts and there’s a lot more to it with loneliness and existential dread and aliens. It’s also nice that the drawings are black and white with big lines that can easily be drawn in with shaky hands, so that’s been fun. Cheers to better weeks ahead?
- The day I’m publishing this post I’m a bit better and just picking up watching tv series again – maybe not the best pick as it’s pretty heavy and serious, but Mr Robot season 2 is so so good. It’s one of those shows that very much lives up to it’s build-up and hype.
Other books I’ve been reading:
- An absolutely remarkable thing by Hank Green (currently reading, also wowowow it’s really finally here!!!!)
- At the edge of the universe by Shaun David Hutchinson (currently reading)
- The golden compass by Philip Pullman (currently reading)
- everyone’s a aliebn when ur a aliebn too by jomny sun
Added to my TBR:
- It’s all too much by Peter Walsh. I’m pretty sure it was Alex Cox from the podcast “Do by friday” that brought up this book as the non-hocus-pocus or speaking to objects version of the famous “life-changing magic of tidying up”. That sounds like just what I’ve been looking for.
- I wish you all the best by Mason Deaver. The author Alice Oseman recommended this young adult book, it has a nonbinary main character and anxiety.
- The last girl: my story of captivity and my fight against the islamic state by Nadia Murad. SHE JUST WON THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING AND I’M SO HAPPY FOR HER!
- I’ll be gone in the dark by Michelle McNamara. About the hunt for the golden state serial killer.
- Never let me go by Kazu Ishiguro. Science fiction with boarding school.
- My sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier. The sister is a psychopath supposedly.
- Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen. I’m forced to read another Ibsen play “a doll’s house” and while researching it noticed that I’ve never heard of or read this one.
Recent book buys:
This time my broke student self has completely avoided buying books, but I’m going to pay for continuing my Scribd membership and get audiobooks there because it’s cheaper (even though I’m still not the biggest fan of audiobooks)